Mainsail Leech Measurement Check
To check a mainsail leech measurement, use
the below procedure. (10 minutes)
1) Block the mast into the position you want it while sailing.
2) Mark on the mast the foot length you are ordering.
3) Attach a strong downhaul line to the main halyard (like a
4) Attach a steel tape measure to same location.
5) Haul up the tape to the specified luff length you are
6) Swing the tape out to your mainsail foot length.
7) The resulting measurement is your leech
length for the mainsail with the boom in the position you